Sunday, July 6

Uncertainty

Tmr will be the last day of this summer sem break. It marks a whole year of me in Intec, and also a whole new year in which many things will never be the same again. There will be no more catching ups with sabrina in the bus, no more jian wei annoying the shit outta me, no more yokepeng, no more timothy the hyper active kanak-kanak riang, no more speaking chinese with syafique, no more seeing syafique together with yiling. Even huey yi the best house mate on earth is gone... i'll have to mop and sweep the floor like cinderella once again. sigh.

It seems that I'm moving almost every semester. Within this 1.5years, it's the 4th time already. All the hassle makes me feel really tired sometimes, especially when there's not much to look forward too. The only thing that never fail to make me hum a tune when no one's around or look at the mirror and smile would be weekends. It's the only time that I can escape to somewhere I belong more, into the hands of cy whom I know will always be there, to places where I don't give a damn what to wear and what time to come back.

I don't even know if there's internet connection at this new place. It's pathetic. But I don't really care.

This is getting so emo. Um k let's talk about some movies. It's been quite some time since I last did a post on movie reviews.


The Incredible Hulk




The hulk seems to be really friendly in this movie. And they actually took the effort to explain why the hulk's pants remain intact after every attack! lol. It made me wonder, what if your boyfriend is a hulk? You certainly wouldn't wanna enrage him.. Imagine you dropped his laptop or scratched his car, all of a sudden his heart beats really fast and he rips his shirts off and he turns GREEN. How's that. -_-

And Edward Norton... He seem to look like an older version of Shea Lebeauf. No matter how built up his body is, he still looks like a child with overgrown muscles. Still a fan of Iron Man =)

apples: 6.5/10


Hancock




So, Hancock - not your average superhero. Really, it's not average. It's BELOW average. The movie did had a twist in the middle, but it did not get into the flow. It left you alot of questions when you're out of the cinema, which made the idea of Hancock more absurd when you think of it. Frankly, if it wasn't for Will Smith, this movie would be most probably be at the bottom of the charts already.

After telling you this, you'll still watch it right? Ok go. Go watch Will Smith.

apples: 5/10


Get Smart




I thought the cinema was freaking hyper when I watched this movie since it's a mid-night show. People should be falling asleep by then. Well it seems that I'm wrong. Everyone was laughing their ass off. Is it really that funny? Parts of it of course, the part where a mum shouts back at her son while her son is shouting at her. I still prefer Happy Madison comedies though. The fact that Steve Carrel is turning into a comedian just can't quite fit into my mind.

Hm.. but Anne Hathaway is sizzling hot =)

apples: 7/10


21




This is one of the few movies that I get to watch before hand, before it's even out in Malaysia. It our in the states in May, so you guys can actually download a TS or maybe even a DVDrip by now. As a student I would say the movie is indeed a very surreal portrayal of the lives a bunch of college kids. Especially the part where Ben Campbell was interviewed for a scholarship. That was exactly what ChenChow asked in the Cornell interview. -_-

If you have no idea this flick is based on a true story of a team of MIT blackjack players, it won't appear as impressive. But when you actually read about Jeff Ma and this legendary blackjack team who literally took down Vegas, the real thing would most probably be running through your heads while you're watching the movie.

Trivia: Jeff Ma, the person in which this movie is based on, has a cameo in the movie. Look out for the Chinese dealer where they knocked the table over.

apples: 7.5/10


Wanted




Way better than Hancock. But I find this movie downright violent though. Alot of blood, and they gave the impression as though killing people is just like killing ants. -_- Despite Angie flexing her tatoos (which annoys me alot cos, why does she need to pierce every inch of her skin??) and gory scenes in which James McAvoy were beaten violently to 'make him immune to pain', you'll most probably be impressed still.

I like the part where they bent bullets. Can bullets really bend? Anyone can let me practice?

apples: 8/10



Movies makes me happy. So does peanut butter. So does Gelato.



3 comments:

Poirot1989 said...

Though I can't annoy the shit out of you "PHYSICALLY", but I can still do that "online-ly":

7.50am:

*BANG BANG BANG table* Wake up lah!!!

The rest of the day:

HHOISOEHTTSOEHOISTESNTESNT (talking non-stop)

I guess that two is enough to bring back "good" memories right? =p

Haha! Take care!

-Jian Wei-

airina said...

ok, that really annoys me

Liz said...

chill dear ^^ btw, im basing my decisions to waste RM8 in movies on your reviews! =p