Sunday, June 1

His Masterpiece


Just came back from Kuantan Chapel's annual family camp. I must say that the camp really made me left wondering a lot of things. At first I was a tad reluctant to go, because I'll have to rush down only for the weekend and we all know about church camps - waking up early for long sessions that guarantee to make you fall asleep.

Why do I have that thought at the first place. Why do I whine when speakers give long sermons, when bible class teachers speak on a topic that perhaps I've heard a thousand times, or when I have to pull myself our of the bed every Sunday morning routinely to attend service. Do I not love God? Now that's something everyone of you who calls yourself a Christian should ponder upon seriously. We all know that loving God is not only attending church routinely, but sometimes, it really isn't that easy.

I find myself pouring out something that has been bugging me lately to our youth group leader Harry. I told him that very often when I pray, I am doubtful that God is actually listening. Not only non-believers doubt the presence of God; sometimes, with so many questions unanswered, we ourselves are left in a delimma. It all comes down to faith. What Harry asked next really stroke me hard. 'Do you feel the same way during hard times, when you're in trouble?' I thought of it. No. When I'm in trouble, when I needed help, I believed that God is there. When I'm afraid, I trusted that the Lord will calm me down.

Faith is easier said than done. When you can't actually see God, you would start to ask questions that doubt your belief. People around you will ask all sorts of questions like why do God even need to create humans if He's omnipotenet?; why does bad things still happen if God exists?; how can you prove that the bible is really the word of an almighty God? They want to bring you down.We will never have all the answers to all the questions. This is when our faiths are put on test. I remember an elder telling me that sometimes, it is not what you see that you believe; it is when you believe, then only you will see. How true is it? You'll have to start believing.





What do you see in this picture? We all say that behind every picture, there is a story. Perhaps we might stare at it for a long time and really can't make any sense out of what the artist is trying to convey. That's the sad part of it. We are all God's masterpiece. What makes a difference between a masterpiece and normal paintings is that masterpieces should be able to tell a stronger story. I really don't want people to look at me 20 years down the road and say that there's really nothing significant in my life. We all want to be a strong testimony. We want people to look at us and go 'Ah, we should live up to her. Whoever she believed in, her God must be great'.




Lord I stand in the midst of a multitude

Of those from every tribe and tongue
We are Your people redeemed by Your blood
Rescued from death by Your love
There are no words
Good enough to thank You
There are no words to express my praise
But I will lift up my voice
And sing from my heart
With all of my strength

Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah
To the Lamb
Hallelujah hallelujah
By the blood of Christ we stand
Every tongue every tribe
Every people every land
Giving glory giving honor
Giving praise unto the Lamb of God

Lord we stand by grace in Your presence
Cleansed by the blood of the Lamb
We are Your children called by Your name
Humbly we bow and we pray

Release Your power
To work in us and through us
Till we are changed
To be more like You

Then all the nations will see
Your glory revealed
And worship You

Every knee shall bow
Every tongue confess
That You are Lord of all

Giving praise unto the Lamb of God
Giving praise unto the Lamb of God
Jesus Christ Lamb of God

Theme Song for the Camp - Hallelujah to The Lamb



Be God's masterpiece. Let your life tell His story. That's what I learned from the camp.


No comments: